Choosing colors for an ombré is so fun! With a little polish organization, it's super easy to create infinite looks with polishes.
Start by organizing your polishes in ROYGBIV order. When your colors are organized, you can see everything at a glance. Then organize each color from dark to light for each color.
Now you're ready to start choosing colors!
- You can choose different tones from within the same color family (pinks, blues, purples, etc.)
- You can choose the same level of color (pastels, darks, mid-tones, etc.) from different color families
- Metallics, glitters, and white make great ‘filler colors’ if you have a few colors picked out but want to add something else to the combination
Color Placement on the Nails
- 5 colors - arrange them from light to dark or dark to light; if they’re not in the same color family, then put them in ROYGBIV order
- 4 colors - dark to light (or light to dark) on pinky through pointer, then repeat the color from either the pinky or ring finger on the thumb
- 3 colors - dark to light (or light to dark) on pinky through middle finger, pinky color repeated on the pointer, then repeat either the ring or middle finger color on the thumb
- 2 colors - pinky, ring, and middle one color, pointer and thumb the other color OR pinky and ring one color, middle, pointer, and thumb the other color